Kwik Foods Rasoi
- Half kg chicken
- 5 Small turnips (golf ball size)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 5cm piece of black cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- Punjabi Kwik tadka
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Deggi mirch (ground kashmiri chilli)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 2 handfuls Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 glass water
Shalgam Gosht Recipe Simple and delicious
Shalgam Gosht Recipe is a delicious dish that tastes yummy in food. Turnips are beneficial for digestion, Controls cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Shalgam
Turnip is a very low calorie vegetable. It is considered an excellent source of anti-oxidants, minerals and fiber. Vitamin C present in it is a necessary and powerful soluble anti-oxidant for the body. Its intake increases immunity in the body and protects the body from harmful free radicals, cancer and inflammation. It is rich in calcium. Turnip vegetables can be consumed without any fear to patients. Shalgam Gosht Recipe is so Delicious.
Ingredients to make Shalgam Gosht Recipe
If you like this recipe, you can also make it Baingan Bharta, Matar Paneer
- Heat mustard oil in a pressure cooker.
- Deep fry the turnips until lightly browned. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen tissue.
- Add cloves, black cardamom, black peppercorns and tejpatta in the remaining oil and fry for a few seconds.
- Add 5 tablespoon of punjabi kwik tadka (Mustard oil)
- Add 2 tablespoons of water & stir for minute.
- Add mutton and fry on high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add green chilli.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, fennel powder and salt to taste and fry till oil starts to separate from sides.
- Add a cup of water and pressure cook till mutton is almost done
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and let the pressure release. Add fried turnips in the pressure cooker and pressure cook until mutton is done.
- Remove from heat and let the pressure release on it’s own.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve hot with Phulke or Rice.